Representative International Arbitrations as Arbitrator
- ICDR case concerning valuation of interests in real estate development. Parties Cayman Islands, British West Indies, British Virgin Islands. Chairperson of tribunal.
- AAA case concerning alleged breaches of technology licensing agreement. Parties US, Canada. Co-arbitrator.
- ICDR case concerning neglicence and fiduciary duty claims between investors and private banking institution. Parties US, several South American countries. Co-arbitrator.
- ICC case concerning rights under patent license. Parties US, Korea. Sole Arbitrator.
- ICDR case concerning interests in real estate trust. Parties US, Netherlands, Israel. Chairperson of tribunal.
- ICDR case concerning investment banking compensation agreement. Parties US, China. Sole arbitrator.
- ICDR case concerning breach of investment management agreement. Parties US, Saudi. Co-arbitrator.
- ICDR case concerning breach of industrial machinery contract. Parties: US, Canada
Representative U.S. Domestic Arbitrations as Arbitrator Mainly Under AAA Large and Complex Case Procedures
- Accountant malpractice claims between client and major public accounting firm. Ad hoc arbitration under CPR Rules. Co-arbitrator.
- Securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims between investor and private banking institution. Sole Arbitrator.
- Contract dispute, private aircraft sales transaction. Party-appointed arbitrator on three-member tribunal.
- Partnership dispute alleging managing partner misconduct. Chairperson of three-member tribunal.
- Proprietary trading partnership dispute involving insider trading allegations. Sole Arbitrator.
Representative International Arbitrations as Counsel
- ICDR case in New York re purchase of rare earth metals from Asian sellers. US client. New York, Thailand and British Virgin Islands law.
- ICDR case in New York re software development contract payment dispute. Chinese client. Hong Kong law.
- ICDR case in New York regarding contested termination of pharmaceutical patent license. US client. New York law.
- ICDR case in New York re price determination in acquisition agreement. Canadian client. New York law.
- ICDR case in New York involving damages for delivery of defective steel pipe from Chile. US client. Governing law New York Uniform Commmercial Code.
- ICC case in London involving damages for breach of telecommunications carrier agreement. US client. New York law.
- SIAC case in Singapore concerning performing arts joint venture between producer and Chinese state-owned entity. Austrian client. English law.
- Danish Arbitration Institute case in Copenhagen concerning damages for delivery of defective industrial machinery. US client. CISG and Danish law.
- ICC case in Paris re termination of medical technology distribution contract. Israeli client. New York law.
- ICC case in Paris re termination of luxury goods distribution contract. US client. Swiss law.
- ICC case in Geneva re expropriation of pharmaceuticals company by Central European State. US client. Yugoslav and international law.
- ICC arbitration in Geneva re termination of couture fashion distribution agreement. US client. New York and Italian law.
- ICDR case in Miami concerning breach of cable television franchise agreement. Argentine client. Dominican law.
- Iran-US Claims Tribunal case in The Hague re expropriation of real estate investment. US client. International law.
Representative US Litigations Relating to International Arbitration
- Enforcement of international arbitrator's interim award granting freezing order as interim measure of protection.
- Enforcement of US judgment confirming award of interim measures by contempt sanctions.
- US proceedings regarding use of Hague Evidence Convention to gather evidence abroad for enforcement of judgment based on Arbitral Final Award.
- Federal district court cross-motion to compel arbitration under Panama Convention and related defense against effort to obtain contempt sanctions for alleged violation of judgment confirming arbitration award.
- Federal district court motion to compel arbitration based on equitable estoppel principles.
- Federal district court and Second Circuit review of award re arbitrator power to correct award.
- Federal district court proceedings to enforce award against Chinese entity under New York Convention. Related proceedings for attachment of US assets of Canadian entity.
- Federal district court proceedings for injunction in aid of arbitration – merits governed by Swiss law.
- Federal district court proceedings for interim measures in form of attachment of assets - merits governed by Dominican law.